A week of photos to start...

Steve, Emma, Jenny, Bec and I went to a community gospel concert at St Patrick's Basilica. It was wikkid fun! We were the youngest people in the audience by about 400 years, and it was just the best thing - and wow can some of those people sing. This photo is depressingly blurry, but we were stuck over to the side and I was embarrassed at taking photos with a big flash =]
June 29

A bit of an emo photo, but to be fair, Monday mornings are never easy. Label makers really are my new favourite thing, and that song lyric had been running around my head for a bit. But not in the bad way... more in the 'nobody said it was easy, but you don't need to give up' sort of way. And besides, I love that coffee notebook paper :)
June 30

Emily at work - hot hot coffee, the Optus cup (I really like that cup, it's such a fabulous shape and a fabulous yellow) and files...lots and lots and lots and LOTS of files. It was a filing week.
July 1

What has now been described to me as 'the best boyfriend you'll ever have'. I know it's featured a bit on this blog lately but hey... it's pretty freaking awesome. As shamed as I am to say it!
July 2

This is an awful photo because it is overflashed and disgustingly coloured, but THIS IS THE BEST SHOP EVER! Omg. I spent ages in there just looking at everything - I didn't even need a new notebook (I compulsively buy them and have a million to use up) but I just fell in love with it. Everyone who hasn't been, I'm taking you to the Flying Teapot because it's just so beautiful =D
July 3

We played Jenga and watched TV shows before hitting Subi for the night. Note that the Jenga tower on the left is defying all physics laws by missing one of the poles on the bottom layer and STILL STANDING. Amazing.
July 4

And Saturday was movie fun. That popcorn was the biggest thing I've ever ever seen. We saw The Year One. It was okay. I probably wouldn't pay to see it again... in fact I'd recommend just seeing it on DVD. It had a few good jokes though :)
***
In other news, Ali has returned from Africa which is exciiting :)
And camp was so fun! We made food in ENORMOUS quantities for the 120 people there. I helped make a self saucing pudding, involving 4 kilos of sugar, 4 kilos of flour, 2 kilos of cocoa.... it was AMAZIIINNNGGG!!!!! And it TASTED amazing which is perhaps the most amazing part of it all.
It really blew my mind how much these kids eat. One kid came back for four helpings of every meal. It was super weird.
I'm too tired to write anything of substance... it's back to work tomorrow, so sleepy time!
No comments:
Post a Comment