Put in 100% to everything.
I've realized lately I settle quite quickly. Things become routine really fast, and I stop trying very hard. I refuse to continue this habit! There are so many amazing opportunities, and I don't want to sit by and wish I was the best I could be at something - I want to actually be the best I can! In everything. From my relationships with people, to the lame stuff like work and uni. I'm sick of settling! And it's going to change!
Listen to people.
Sometimes I'm really terrible at properly listening to someone. You can learn so much! I want to do it more.
Finish what I start.
Variously worded throughout my journal as 'stop giving up', 'follow through' and so on, this leads on from the first resolution. I have so many unfinished projects lying around, ranging from crafty fun to photo albums to self-motivated research projects. I've decided I need to only pick things I know I'll finish! I have all these projects that are meant for fun and they stress me out because I don't finish them! No more. And this follows through to other parts of life too.
Be honest.
As lame as it is, the truth hurts. Sometimes a lot, sometimes in a great way, sometimes not at all. But! I want to man up and face it and keep going! And be honest to other people too, not just myself. Wow..These are all quite serious resolutions.
Dominate with my GHD.
Time to be less serious - my GHD is my new love. It fills the hole in my heart , haha no I joke, I joke. But it is quite wonderful! And I want to learn how to do cool things, because it's lighthearted and fun.
Buy less coffee.
Buying coffee is a fun feeling. Walking into a cafe and ordering, making meaningless conversation with the barista who's had the same conversation eight times already that morning, the general smell and noise and people-watching :) But - it is unnecessary spending, that adds up really fast. And saving takes dedication and small sacrifices such as these.
Write more.
Writing is fun! Letters, mainly, and blogs for general perusal partially. So, I want to write more. Yeah.
Be a better friend.
Self explanatory I think...
Remind me next time to write measurable goals. How on earth do I tell if I've achieved these things??
No comments:
Post a Comment