There are few things in the world that stress me out more than New Year Resolutions. I guess I feel a bit like because they're for a whole year they have to be really super awesome and amazing; a massive personal change or something. And if they aren't, then there's really no point in having them.
But then I'm also thinking that's a lot of pressure to put on myself. Like.... so what if the resolutions aren't that life changing? Can it even count? And I get really mad at people who are like 'I'm going to get fit and be healthy.' That's not a resolution, it's a cop out because it is too vague and you will never achieve anything. But I guess there are so many things I'd like to change I don't really know what to start with. So I'm currently a little torn as to whether I should bother with the New Year Resolutions stress and bother, but at least have something to be proud of at the end of the year, or just not bother, and be proud of stuff by the end of the year anyway.
Hm. Something to ponder. Maybe I could do decade goals like I heard on the radio. But they're even more ridiculous and fanciful and overwhelming than one-year goals. A decade from now, I'll be 29. So I could say 'goals' like, be an awesome lawyer, be married, have lived in four hundred different countries, know what I'm doing with life, have kids, still be connected with my family and some of the great Perth people... but how on earth am I supposed to even know what I'll be like when I'm 29??? Maybe I'll hate law! Maybe God will have dropped the bomb I'm meant to be single! Maybe I'll never have left Perth but be really happy with that! Arrgghhh!!
Okay now I'm totally stressed and I have no idea what I'll do. Maybe I'll just go back to the gym. The gym answers all of life's problems. You can compare yourself to all of the old ladies and feel good about yourself, even though the people you're comparing yourself to are like, 95. You can check out the hot guys, and laugh at the ones who are obviously showing off but have no muscle at all and can only do like, three bench press thingos before dying and looking at themselves in the mirror for half an hour. You can just make yourself run and run and run and run until all your muscles burn and your head spins and you don't have to think anymore. You can go everyday, and never feel like people hate you, because they are way too busy in their own heads.
Yeah. The gym is the place to be.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment