
That photo basically sums up how I've felt the last two days! It's been a bit of a whirlwind. I spent ten hours yesterday totally spring cleaning my entire room. Including all the cupboards that for the last five years have been my 'Oh I'll need that later I'll just put it in here for now' storage. I. Feel. Amazing. If you're ever having a bad day, spring clean. It's so refreshing. Aside from the emotional trauma you run into whenever you find something heart wrenching from the past, or in the agony of deciding whether or not to throw something out, it is totally totally worth it.
I've done another last minute dash in finishing my application to study abroad. It was basically the around the world marathon of applications, and I'm really scared I've done it wrong, but it's submitted! I'm now desperately praying it'll all come through. I've wanted this for so long!
I've gotten back into writing letters lately, and if I do say so myself, my letters are awesome. If you'd like one, let me know. They are so fun to write!
I've also started reading science fiction. Originally I was like 'pfft lame!' But I'm slowly getting into it. I finished Brave New World today, which isn't so much sci fi as dystopian fiction, but it is crazy good. Go try it. Reading outside your usual books is fun, and eye opening. It brings back fond memories of Year 12 Lit.
At work today, we had a ladies lunch. I felt incredibly young, it was like I was everyone's daughter, but it was actually quite nice. I like my work people. And I got extra pineapple on my pizza so it was supremely amazing. And no that wasn't a lame pun about a supreme pizza. I had hawaiian. It was just really great.
My brain is still whirring from the crazy of the last six months. Sometimes it whirrs a lot and it gets so crazy I need to get by myself and scream. Other times I can stop it whirring and focus on other fun things. It's weird. But it's getting better.
Enough rambling. These holidays are going to be okay. I can feel it.
No comments:
Post a Comment