Sunday, September 16, 2007

Eliot

I do believe T.S. Eliot and his (albeit at times depressing) poetry sums up Year 12 quite effectively. And, in some ways (although again, I hate to say 'totally' because I do like to maintain a happy outlook on life as much as possible) his criticisms of 'modern living' still apply.

For I have known them all already, known them all: -
have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with the dying fall
Beneath the music from a father room.
So how should I presume?'

---

In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse'


- both from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

1 comment:

sars. said...


Teach us to care and not to care, teach us to sit still.

Yeah. That's a random quote from T. S. Eliot for you!