And I have many people I can blame for it! This is a bad thing - sickness is NOT welcome at this particular time.
I have learnt a lot about the government and media exploitation this weekend. Which makes me sad, because really, as naive as it is, it's nice to think the government is blameless and completely democratic and so forth. But there isn't too much to complain about in this country, seeing as we have a pretty decent democracy and all things considered have it very very easy. But other than my quasi-political rant, which could be a lot longer, but honestly, I'm so apathetic I don't care, today is Fathers' Day! Which is awesome because we're going to Varekai tonight =D =D =D Which makes me uber excited. I've never seen Cirque du Soleil before, because when we went to Disney World you had to book tickets like eighteen months in advance, which is pretty tricky when you only book your trip six months in advance. But whatever. We saw the big tent which has an official sounding name but I forget what it was, and it looks amazing.
Speaking of amazing, Switchfoot = soooooooooooooo incredibly great! It was so surreal to hear all the songs performed LIVE. The only slight issue was being nearly killed from really tall jumping scary males who were waaaaaaaaaay bigger and waaay bigger than me! But we all soon got over that. It was actually so cool.
Much money raised so far by the awesome 40 hour faminers, which also makes me stoked. Able to feed STACKS of kids for a few months, and hopefully plant some lasting seeds in their community.
I think I want to work in International Relations. Politics and me are not the best of friends, but I've been doing some research on asylum seekers and refugees, and Jarrad's doing a Year 9 equivalent and it's really got me thinking about how globally we're supposed to help each other, but nationally we need to stick together and keep an identity within a country, and really, how are you supposed to find a balance there?? And someone has to, so I figure that can be me. One day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hehe i have not been on blogger for soooooOOooOOooo long! hello! :) don't be sick anymore...
Post a Comment