Saturday, May 09, 2009

retail therapy and libraries

I'm not shallow or anything *cough* but I do believe that the main way to turn a fairly dull day into a fabulous one is to buy something. There is no feeling like the feeling of having lots of pretty things stimulating the economy. After all, it is a time to take advantage of mega sales recession.

I had an incredibly productive day at the library which made me think maybe I should just move in there, I'd get so much work done. Then I went to Napoleon St, saw three fabulous school friends who I hadn't seen in FOREVER. Then, when heading home I saw a shop that I normally don't go in because cool people work there, but I decided I should have a look. And I found TWO beautiful beautiful skirts. I only bought one - the other is in my heart, but I can't bring myself to buy it because I know I'll only wear it once, and one wear for an $80 skirt just doesn't quite do it for me. But this other one is just perfect and I am officially in love with it. So now, I've had just about the most perfect day ever!

I have a really good feeling about life at the moment, which is a good change. It had been getting a bit dreary there for a while!

Anyway, another observation I made today is that there is nothing like coffee conversation. I think the caffeine might stimulate a better conversation than say, water. Also, there's a gym in Cottesloe Central which is just about the weirdest thing ever. I'd be too embarrassed to walk out, after I've been at the gym I'm as red as a tomato and a gazillion times as smelly.

I re-watched A Beautiful Mind last night and was reminded why I love that movie so much. My favourite line: 'You are my reason. You are all my reasons'. It is just so beautiful! Watch it if you haven't.

Well, I must do some more research (woooo online articles and 20-reference essays), eat dinner, then head to the Loft, a lovely place!
xoxo

No comments: