Monday, October 12, 2009

Something Ridiculous

Today, I became a true dole bludger. I'm receiving the $950 bonus (yes that stimulus package payment). Now. In October. Nine months after it was actually announced.

I think this is absolutely ridiculous. Do I need $950? No. (Not to say I don't want it.) Am I going to spend that $950 and 'stimulate' the economy? No. It is going straight into my savings. The only effect it will have is in the US or Indonesia. No love for the Australian economy.

Also today, I saw a spray tan salon, whose motto was 'safe and natural.' Um....spray tan? Natural? Whatever.

Also also today, I saw on the bus on a big bulky guy in one of those fluoro yellow shirts who looked so manly he might just explode with testosterone. He was enormous. Then I noticed he was reading a book on Michael Jackson. Weird. Then I noticed he had a Weight watchers meal in his bag. Weird. Then I noticed he carried his bag like a handbag. Extra weird. I wonder what it's like being him.

No comments: