Nine days until departure! Isn't that just a little bit too weird.
To be honest, I'm starting to get scared. Everyone always talks about how amazing their overseas experiences are, how they made a million friends in every hostel they stayed in, and that every place they went to was magical or hilarious or life changing. How come there has to be all that pressure on a trip?? Why do I feel like I have to love every second of what is happening, even if I lost my passport or my shampoo exploded in my backpack, or everyone I meet instantly hates me on sight. What if my expectations for the year don't get met?
Most of the time I'm very calm and collected and excited for the year coming up. There are a lot of things I'll miss. The weird thing about a year is that it has an end point, so it feels a little transient, but then it's more than six months, so it feels a little permanent.
But it's all okay. It will all be okay. And perfect and life changing and cliche. But most of all, it'll be okay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment