I just had the best job interview of my life. I've been needing a bit of a change of pace from the yoghurt experience for a while, and so applied to pretty much every store in Garden City and online. And I had NO LUCK. Which was lame. BUT! Today, I got a call from K-Mart, and they were pretty much desperate for me to be a check out chick. And I was like 'Hmm... kind of lame and boring, but hey! No mopping, or sticky yoghurt on my fingers!' So I agreed to go to an interview this Saturday. The more I thought about it, the more I thought, 'Hey, K-mart is awesome to shop at, but probably lame to stand and scan all day every day.' Just a bit anyway. So I pondered a bit more, and thought 'Hmm... no.' But thought I'd go to the interview anyway, because, hey, it'd only be three months.
BUT THEN! A revelation occurred!
Mum was busy telling me about the good looking guy called Stefan (not Stefan Stefan, just a Stefan... he works with my Uncle Steve), who drove her home from dropping off the fancy fancy Land Rover we've been borrowing. And she said he did work experience with my uncle, then just stayed and now he works there.
THEN IT HIT ME! I COULD WORK WITH MY UNCLE!
Pros of working with my uncle:
1. In Fremantle.
2. Office job - i.e. NO FOOD OR SURFACES TO CLEAN FROM STICKY SUBSTANCES.
3. Christmas parties. Yup. I already got an invite. Too easy right?
4. Job interview over text messaging.
5. Whatever hours I want, anytime.
6. Nice coffee machine.
7. In Fremantle. That point is so fabulous. IT'S NOT A SHOPPING CENTRE!
Cons of working with my uncle:
1. Second summer holidays in a row I'll be working for a family member. Although absolutely nothing could be as disastrous and upsetting as working in that cement cave in Southlands. SOUTHLANDS!
So, aside from that, I had my favourite law lecture of all semester. We had the Chief Magistrate, two prosecutors and a defence lawyer come along and talk to us about the court system. It was awesome. Seriously. It was also quite wet, and I spent my day walking through uni with squelchy socks. Ah well, it was an adventure. And that was my day.
Well, it was a bit more substantial than that.
Je pense que je vais lire en francais pour le fois ensuite.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
But oh! What about Flo? hahaha...just kidding, that is sooooo exciting! :D :D
Congratulations! You're on your way to being inducted into the world of Cubicle-Land! Yay. Seriously though, good work with finding satisfying-sounding employment!
Hey, that sounds so very cool!!!
ohh, where in Freo?
Post a Comment