Tuesday, May 15, 2007

economy, hey?

So, after today's fun reflection in History-Essay form on the Australian Economy from 1945 to 1990, I got thinking about the whole economy thing.

It's one of those words that you've just got to drop in to a conversation if you're discussing politics and trying to sound like you know what you're talking about. Along with other statements like 'Industrial Reform' and 'Johnnie Howard'. Often, the conversation will go, 'Yeah, Johnnie's doing a pretty alright job of the economy, although that Industrial Reform, with those AWAs and people getting sacked, they're not too great. But then Ruddie doesn't seem to have any better ideas. And he might not know what to do with the economy. But mate, what'd you think of the footy?'

So really, the point I'm trying to make is, an essay on the economy really is quite pointless in the scheme of things, because nobody knows what it ACTUALLY MEANS. IT IS JUST A MYTHICAL WORD PEOPLE USE TO SOUND SMART.

Although I'm sure if I still had Natey's Mac, I could look it up in it's fancy dictionary and give you a definition. But we wouldn't understand it anyway, so we'd just use it the same way we always do. 'Economy's looking great mate, I don't need to vote for noone'. (Double negative intended).

Current addiction: Mocha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAIT...did you just Natey and Mac in the same sentence?!!!