I'm a very naive person in a lot of ways. For example, I never knew the extent of devastation I could feel about taking the decisive action that I feel is the right one. I believed that if you do the right thing, then your pain will be minimal.
I never knew that I could cry every day for a week and a half straight and still not feel better. I just believed that one cry every three months could sustain you. Crying is the worst thing anyway.
I also had no idea that there are no lines, just a big mish-mash of grey space that you can't discern between being right and wrong. There's no black and white, just different actions you can take that lead to a different outcome.
I had no idea how not-independent I am.
I didn't know that different situations affect the extent to which the choices you make matter.
I also had no idea how freaking long my brother can pee for. He's been going for like half an hour.
Sorry for that mental picture.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment