So despite what you're meant to say about Valentine's Day, I actually kind of like the idea. I know it is over-commercialised and American and lame and you should show love any day of the year blah-blah-blah but can anyone tell me honestly that if their significant other didn't do anything AT ALL on Valentine's Day, you wouldn't feel at all bothered by it? I agree it is all over-commercialised, American, lame and you should show love more often than once a year - but then we should also show we love our parents more often than one day a year. I think it's good to do at least something small; recognise the day exists, recognise you like/love/whatever each other; use it as another day and another opportunity in amongst many to show how you feel. Just because the day exists doesn't mean you should ignore it over some moral high ground. It doesn't need to be a massive day.
Anyway, after a simultaneously really lovely and absolutely terrible start to today, I was sitting around feeling fat and sorry for myself as occasionally happens. I saw on Facebook someone had posted a link to a song I posted a while back here. I still love it. And they had dedicated it to all the single people on Happy Feeling Like Crap Because No one Cares About You Day. So, I'm dedicating it to those of you who, like me, are not in a relationship and feeling a little lonely (as if you don't feel a little lonely on Valentine's Day - I'm admitting it to the strange and unknown world of the internet, at least admit it to yourself). It's happy and bright. It'll give you hope.
Hope you've all eaten a bit of chocolate, whether it was of the Valentine's gift type, or the I-hate-being-lonely type. Both make you feel a little better.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment