Friday, February 12, 2010

Meat v salad

You know what really makes me angry? Well, there are a lot of things. And I tend to use the word 'angry' inappropriately and out of context. However, this really does make me angry. There are a lot of delicious foods in the world. Like, a LOT of delicious foods. For example, meat. Meat is about the greatest thing in the world. Men especially are allowed to LOVE meat. They can just eat a whole plate of meat and it's fine. In fact, it's better than fine because they are demonstrating their manliness. But because I'm a girl, I'm supposed to like salad. And not just any salad, but pretentious salad, with weird things that shouldn't even be in salad. Like watermelon and lettuce with cheese. Or have really lame dressing that's like, oil but with flecks of some random herb grown in one square metre of a place in Africa that only grows every two years, and is an acquired yet definitiely sophisticated taste. What the heck. So I hate going out to dinner and seeing awesome meals like extra massive rare beef with a side of meat, and feeling like I should order a lite stir-fry with chicken, because chicken is a woman's meat. And stirfry has more vegetables than meat anyway. And then requesting rice noodles because they're the healthy option. RARGH.

Wow I'm getting really worked up on this one.

No comments: