Things always have a way of working out for the best :)
It's amazing what a little facebook stalking, a little honesty, a lot of new things and some focussed direction in your life can do.
Today I ran my first proper run not on a treadmill. Which for most people is probably like 'um you're lame', since it was only 4km, I had to walk about 500m of it because I have many a mental barrier, and well... it was only 4km. But I was so very proud of myself! It was really cold so I wore a jacket, but then I got about halfway through and was like OH MY GOD IT'S SO HOT I'M DYING. That was weird. I am in mega-butt-loads of pain now because real running surprisingly is a lot harder but more exhilarating than treadmill running, but I'm all excited for tomorrow morning! I'm unsure whether that makes me awesome or stupid.
As for the facebook stalking well, I'm pretty sure we're all guilty. And I'm pretty sure getting some self-esteem based on a little healthy comparison is a-okay. And seeing it pay off in real life has its benefits, even though they're a little matched with a bit of heartache. But mainly, benefits. This is a good step, Emily thinks. A very good step.
A little honesty? Well, I like avoiding things. And I've been doing some soul searching, and I think some things are okay to avoid. Sometimes you can't deal with everything, and it really can be okay to leave it. Some things don't need to be a big deal. Others do, and it makes you happier and stronger and more awesome as a result. It's been weird doing the honesty thing with people I'd have preferred not to, but I can decisively say it has worked out for the best for all parties. So that's been a nice little epiphany.
I know my blog posts are pretty boring, not pretty and mainly just me rambling. But I always have so many thoughts running around and chasing each other in my head, I need to get them out somewhere.
Some things I've realized this week:
* A random phone call can go a long way.
* When your shoes fall off when you're going upstairs, it's time to buy new ones.
* Time is a precious thing.
* Honesty with your friends is irreplaceable.
* Moving to America is going to be superbly awesome.
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment