There's a really great sense of power when you take ownership of your thoughts.
My headspace tends to be a bit of a no-go zone; it's like a war in there of many thoughts fighting each other at once. I often find myself so totally overwhelmed I physically can't do anything except sit down and let all that noise slowly drain away as I start to try process it all.
But that takes time. And time is something I don't have much of.
So, I've started trying to own my thoughts. Rejecting painful ones before they take over and ruin my day, prioritising random ones so I don't go out o control doing a million things at once, and giving up pointless ones so I don't waste my time, emotion and energy on stuff I don't want to matter to me anymore.
It's actually really tiring. It's a habit I find I'm getting into when I find myself lying awake at stupid hours of the morning with the war zone at its peak. But I think it's a good habit, and I feel really good after it. I can rediscover my motivation for the training and food commitments I set myself when I'm feeling stronger, I can actually read my cases and enjoy law, I can be realistic about my year away.
I'd recommend it.
Saturday, May 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment