Last night at the lovely @mputh, we had a movie night - chocolate fountain fondue, popcorn (guys don't throw the popcorn - so much for that, someone dropped the bowl!) and Hitch. I really rather don't like this movie. I think the fact that a guy could think he can predict exactly what 'every girl wants' is pathetic, and the entire film revolves around superficiality. But hey...what can I say? Entertainment factor is big.
Anyway, the first thing I see on the cover of 'The West Australian' (okay all you academics out there, give me a break, it still reports something!) is a big photo of a couple with a smallish headline 'Traditionalists Andrew and Lara on the verge of consummate bliss'. Awwwwwww, I'm sure you're thinking? And fair enough, from the caption underneath. The two are a happy couple getting married today at my school, St. Hilda's, chapel, and have maintained celibacy to the point of not kissing each other before marriage.
How lovely.
But keep reading the rest of the article on page three of the aforementioned paper, they tell us how the two have never had sex, never seen eachother without clothes on, never slept in the same house and never kissed. Still lovely, but I'm starting to think, 'Why are they publishing this?'
Read a bit further, the two are Christians and follow seriously their faith, and decided to become 'best friends' and leave the physical side of things till after they're married. Still lovely.
Read the last paragraph. 'Channel 7's Today Tonight will reveal on Monday how the wedding night went.'
Well thanks for ruining a perfectly nice story that you two have by commercializing it and raking in a bit of cash for living a lifestyle many before you have chosen as well.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment