Saturday, June 24, 2006

today the zylstra's spent a lot of money


.: This morning, while trying to melt chocolate, I broke our microwave. Well, it actually wasn't me, but most of the blame went to me. You see, it flashed lights and popped, and then a little stream of smoke came out. Yes...it broke so that is item number one: A New Microwave

.: This morning, yours truly was armed with vouchers and cash and determined to buy black boots. And after looking at lots of ugly and tres expensive black boots, some of which weren't really black, she found some. And after discounts, percentage offs, vouchers and birthday cash, they cost me a nifty $25. So item number two: Black Boots

.: Tomorrow I happen to have a fancy dress party. I also happened to decide on a costume. That costume needed a specific looking belt. So that was item number three: Specific Looking Belt

.: It just so happens that in approximately two weeks, the younger brother (also a cross country star - bragging rights allowed) has a thirteenth birthday - where he needs a present. So after his guitar lesson, he picked out his present. Item number four: Fender Guitar, Fender Amp, Headphones, Guitar Case and Strap (okay that was more than one item but I can't be bothered explaining each one individually)

.: Returning to the idea of the upcoming birthday party, I needed to make food (where the broken microwave originated from). I also ran out of marshmallows and needed to buy more. That leads to the purchase of items numbers five and six: Marshmallows and Red sparkly earrings

.: Also to do with upcoming party, I invaded K-Mart and the Reject Shop. This led to the purchase of items numbers seven, eight, nine, ten and eleven: Prize #1, Prize #2, Streamers, Party Poppers and a Bracelet (this bracelet has nothing to do with the party, but I bought it because I already had one like it and decided one is never enough)

So that concludes the money spending day.

Oh wait!!

.: Burnsy is staying over tonight, and him and Jarrad decided they wanted pizza for dinner. So the purchase of item number twelve: Pizza.




And THAT concludes the money spending day.

No comments: