When you hear deep quotes like 'find some light and shade in your voice', you know the world is going to crap.
Well, not really. I'm sure that's really deep if you sing or something, and the world isn't really going to crap. It's just getting crazier and crazier out there.
The stock market has chucked a big sad, and some people have lost hundreds of millions of dollars. Although the stock market is something I've never quite wrapped my head around. I do understand the process, and the buying and selling of course (I pride myself on understanding fundamentals...kind of), however, it's the whole concept. Like - that value isn't a real value per se. It's just what everyone thinks is the value. And then they think it'll be less, so it becomes less. But what if it isn't actually less? People thought it is, so it becomes that way, regardless of whether it is or not.
That, my friends, is messed up. Weird that it makes the world go round, and makes the world stop when it suddenly doesn't work. Weird weird weird.
My brother has returned home, which makes me very happy. He is a cool cat, and he made us nachos for dinner tonight. They were very commendable nachos too.
He's currently telling me that he is the next Einstein, because he had a dream about the three laws of something that he looked at for fifteen years, then he realized he could invent a ball with rings around it, then made it spin, and then the wire coming out of the ball, causing electricity to come. I think I should patent this idea so if he does create it, then I can get the money for it. Is that how patents work? I think so. Anyway, he is eating his nachos again, so I'll move on with what else I was saying. Weird boy.
I've been thinking a lot about what defines a person lately too. The thing is, I think what I tell people defines myself a lot better than my actions do, despite, as Relient K so musically puts it, that 'actions speak louder than words.' I'm pretty sure they didn't say it first, but that song popped into my head just now so I threw it in so i could be cool and refer to bands like all the cool kids do.
ANYWAY.
I've found I can create a world for myself that I show other people, and tell other people about, and that defines me to them. And then, I can construct a different world for other people, and that becomes my definition to them. Isn't that weird? But no matter what, they don't know what's going on at the centre of my actual world. So what is it that defines me after all that? I'm kind of talking hypothetically here, although I do carry this out in some form. Am I the smart person who does well in French, the nice person that picks up someone's dropped bag/key/money, the rude person that pushes someone out of the way on the train because there is so much room behind them that they're hogging.... you know? It perplexes me.
Anyway, enough with all this serious stuff... I could go on forever, but I don't think my ramblings are particularly interesting. Much more interesting is my red-bag purchase today, at a nice $15 =D And the potential Boggle-playing in the near future! I LOVE Boggle!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooh ooh!! I LOVE BOGGLE!!! i only ever come up with 3 or 4 letter words but it's AWESOME!!! oh and i LOVE the red bag with the twisty knobs. yup ;) but... most of all I do love YOU! xoxoxo
Post a Comment