Monday, October 27, 2008

a good weekend

* Day One of work was very successful! I met new people, found out that filing just involves putting most things under 'W' and discovered that Friday is 'free dress day' so there was no need to invest in my lovely new office clothes. Oh well.

* Boggle Time at night involved some hardkore action against Mum and Ali. I am proud to say I have not lost my touch, and was the overall winner! That was exciting. It was also nice to have a non-stressful night at home, of chocolate and good word games.

* Productive Saturday meant I finished my assignments(!!), went for a bike ride, finished Harry Potter, relaxed and saw Burn After Reading. Can't say it was my favourite movie, it was quite (incredibly) weird. I'll tell you about it. It meant nothing. There was a gym, some love stories, a bit of internet dating, lots of killing, a spastic weirdo who was writing his memoirs, lots of infidelity and the CIA. Brad Pitt was the highlight, and not just because he is very nice to look at, but his character made me want to give him a big hug.

* Infants! I have started helping mum with the infants as of this morning, and they are SO CUTE! I wanted to hug them all, Zara has the most beautiful disposition, Eve is the most curious baby I've ever seen and Leah had MASSIVE EYES. It was enjoyable playing with them too. I forgot how much fun piles of colourful toys can be.

* Dance Rehearsal Our Concert (!) is on Saturday, so we have been rehearsing hard. Our dance is finished and very nice, it even makes me feel a little worn out. I always like that. It means it's a real dance.

* Moo Picnic I also made some French friends today! It was a Moo picnic, and I actually knew Flo, Karaine and Nicole. Then Karaine left, and Nicole and her boyfriend went for a walk. So I decided to make friends with the French people. They were very lovely, and I could understand some of what they said. They tried to teach me this weird stick game, but I sucked, so we played dodgeball instead. It was lovely.

* Bad times Tutoring seemed to screw up my weekend for reasons I won't go into. I just hate pointless, hour-long round trips and people who aren't cooperative.

* MP3 Michelle brought us strawberries! Laura got time off!

* Church Yeah. It was churchy.

The end =]

No comments: