I begin my new job as ultimate office wench on Friday, and it is all very exciting. No yoghurt, boring office jobs, coffee runs, being paid again...
And then I realized, I'm going to need work clothes.
Like, monochrome, boring, tailored, nice-shoes work clothes.
I now have a few dilemmas. Am I allowed to wear colour? How much colour? Is bright green going a bit too far? Do my shoes have to have heels on them? Am I allowed a ponytail? Do I need to wear that bright red office lipstick????? What actually differentiates between work clothes and normal clothes and going out clothes?
It was very easy whilst working in a Yoghurt Shop. Massive red shirt with 'Moo' and a cow on it = work clothes. Definitely not normal clothes, or going out clothes. And gross old sneakers with berry stains and yoghurt blotches were definitely work shoes, and not normal shoes or going out shoes. (Although I do wear them out occasionally, but that's our secret). Office wench jobs aren't so clearcut. I get the feeling a big red shirt with moo and a cow don't really work as office wench clothes. Nor does a red visor with Moo. Might be a bit of an overkill.
Oh well. It is an adventure. Maybe I'll be rebellious and wear hooker heels.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
New job! How exciting!! I reckon it's totally unclear whether it's appropriate to wear colour or not. I mean... it is kind of a statement but not really? I wore my red coat to prac last term and my teacher made a comment... I self consciously never wore it again until I had passed my prac (I had immunity and she couldn't fail me for wearing a red coat! LOL yup weird logic). So yeah. I don't know but hey... time for a whole "new" side of your wardrobe. Can't wait to hear all about your first day. Good luck love! xo
Post a Comment