I like big and exciting plans for the future. I like thinking of potential things to do, places to go, people to meet. But I also like to keep things in perspective.
This summer I have many crazy plans; I want to play the saxophone, I want to make things, work lots, save lots, plan a holiday to Europe, go to the gym all the time, spend hours at the beach and enjoy being home. I want to go places, meet new people and work out my uni course. I don't want to be pressured to change those things unless they need to. I am a flexible person, and I love my friends more than anything, but they don't get to change the carefully laid plans I have for my holidays and the foreseeable future, unless a) there's a good reason, and b) there is time and space to move. I love spontaneity as much as the next person, but when it expands to become a million different activities and ideas that are impossible to afford, organize and properly participate in, it just gets frustrating. And when it means that you become the bad guy for saying no, that is even lamer.
That's my whinge for now.
On a completely unrelated topic, today I walked ten k. It was long, and painful for my back and knees. But it was highly exhilarating. And the beach is the answer to all your problems! Everything is simplified at the beach. AMEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment