Friday, October 03, 2008

therapeutic things to do

* Clean out your wallet. I am the worst person for keeping every single thing that comes my way - from concert tickets to (eight million) ATM receipts. My wallet was SO FAT, to the point where I couldn't even find the money in it. In fact, I had more slips of paper than I had the value of money. So, I cleaned it out. It felt so lovely!

* Put all the crap that accumulates on your floor away. I don't know about anyone else, but I have this thing where if I get asked to put something away, or need to put something away, I take it to the respective room, and leave it on the floor. I swear it's a mental disease. But I tripped over about eight different things in order to get to my desk today, so I decided it was time to give it a makeover. I even found clean patches of carpet!

* Reading! I have read so many things in the past few days. Some have been fabulous, such as The Girl In Times Square by Paullina Simons, some not so much, such as Twilight by Stephanie Meyers (DON'T READ IT! SAVE YOURSELF!) It makes me happy. I love immersing myself in someone else's life.

* Take photos. This Flickr project has been so much fun looking for little things to capture in daily life.

* Apprends le Francais. Tous le jours, je trouve la plus choses fantastiques dans la langue, et je le parle quelquefois. Aussi, je peux lire le signs que je trouve here and there. Yay for franglais!

* Handing in assignments. I love the feeling of dropping something into the assignment box, and knowing it is all over!

* Drinking water and tea. I don't know what it is about these two liquids, but it feels so wonderful to have a glass/cup of them!

* Painting your toenails. Totally frivolous, but totally therapeutic at the same time.

* Finding fabulous new shoes to buy. Best feeling in the world.

* Moisturising. What more can I say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is weird - but I have totally just gotten into moisturising too! LOL Theres a weird thing to say. I just bought this awesome hand cream, and suddenly I always feel the need to moisturise my hands!

Exciting story, no?

Emily said...

Definitely exciting! Moisturising is such an ugly word though. It makes me feel icky just saying it. BUT, ACTUALLY moisturising is fantastic! And it's such a good procrastination device. Because you can never actually be fully and irrevocably moisturised. I'm so glad you share my love!