Sunday, July 16, 2006

encounter 2006

* @mp Camp Nanga Bush Camp 2006: Best campsite ever. I don't think you can top it. Smoky fires, curtains for doors, thin mattresses, cold cold cold weather - I love it.
* Op Shop Ball: Hours of fun. I wore my beautiful *ahem* dress, the guys brushed up in their pricey suits (the most expensive one I heard was $8 - pushing it!), we had great music - Summer of '69, Grease Medley, YMCA, etc. A great walkoff and extra entertainment from the Bint boys. Awesome dancing. Disgusting soup. I love it. The leaders dance-off was pretty awesome as well - Simon Bint wins there too.
* Food: It varied. There was good food - like the custard and the constant access to Milo/coffee/tea. There was bad food - cold toast, bad bread, rank soup - but hey, lollies fill you up unbelievably. I've got to say I am quite a fan of morning/afternoon teas and supper - mmmm, biscuits.
* Services: I loved these. I guess, after seven @mp camps and a handful of Serpentine camps, I've got the usual camp series down pat, no matter how it's disguised. But doing the series about the Holy Spirit was really awesome - it's like for me, I finally got something I'd needed for a long time. It was pretty advanced stuff, I'd like to know how some of the younger kids dealt with it, but I know for me it really meant something.
* Music: Who DIDN'T love the new song? Can't remember what it's called, which sucks because I really want to download it - 'Today today, it's all or nothing, all the way, the praise goes out to you...' - awesome stuff. Ten songs last night - that was pretty intense, my legs kinda hurt from all the jumping, but everyone got over that, because it was awesomely done. I don't think I've enjoyed the music at camp so much. The camp song was awesome as well..
We look to you and encounter
Life love and power to save
All will praise the whole world over
I love it. Original is always best. The lights kind of annoyed me - Brodie Lewis and his stupid controllers I tell you *slap* hehe just kidding. By annoying lights, I mean the little swivel ones, not the usual ones we have. The whole stage set up was amazing - although the projector was precariously hung on a crate which worried me one broken rope and the whole thing would come crashing down. But combine it all, and you ended up with some awesome presentations.
* Capture the Flag: I actually tried at this game! Well, round one anyway. Good times, good times - and Gig won that one, I helped with the fire so I figure I had an important hand in there (just kidding). Was very entertaining watching Fieldy go sprinting through the bush with the flag shoved down his pants (rules are, no concealing the flag - but it's a fair hike between Timbara, our campsite, and Currawong, the campsite our flag was at, so I figure some cheating is unavoidable) . Second round Live won, but I heard Caleb nicely punched up my brother, so I find that kind of funny. By nicely, I mean he didn't bleed to death or anything.
* Presidents and Scumbags: Also known as Pensioners and Sluts, revised to Pensioners and Stoners, re revised to Prostitutes and Sluts, quickly re re revised back to Pensioners and Stoners. My new card game, not too many rules so I could handle it - but I ended up relying on Scotty to take my hand and win it for me. Which he managed. I never really understood the strategy you were supposed to follow, but I guess that's the way card games go. After two thousand hands of the game, after which Kane took off because he lost (bahaha), so I convinced everyone to play Cheat. I lost that too. I get a bit too enthusiastic.
* Jamo: He danced! Hehe - 'You can look at mine' - legeeeeennnddd....
* Poker: Okay, so I still can't play the stupid game. But it was entertaining watching everyone else. I mean *cough* we don't gamble on camp.... *whistles innocently*
* Activities: So according to these activities, we would be able to restore environmental happiness, resolve a traffic jam, make a human ladder to the man (or cross country in the guys' case) and save ourselves from electrocution by the evil chicken fence. Shell and I got over the initial thrill (of which there was none) pretty fast, so we moved on to bigger and better things - like cleaning up Currawong. Until we protested and went back to Timbara. But I have to admit, I quite enjoyed the human ladder.
* Extreme Mountain Biking: Sammy and I both avoided it - she because she's asthmatic, me because I had glandular fever, so we skipped extreme mountain bike riding for extreme hot milo and conversation over the fire. Fun times, I love that girl. Laura went and showed off, doing wheelies and all, so she fell off and scraped up pretty impressively (kidding about the wheelies, not kidding about the crazy injury)
* Cathy and Andy: Uncle Col's neice (so she can really call him Uncle Col!) and Andy both helped out at the Gig/a few of live campsite, and Cathy is actually the coolest person alive. I wish she wasn't from Melbourne so she could always be around. An awesome leader, and always open for talking.
* Fireman's Pole: I conquered my fear. I braved the dangerous heights. I used the fireman's pole numerous times. Not quite as impressively as Shanon and Kane, but I think I did a pretty good job. I managed to bruise myself up alright though. Ouch.
* Baptism: Was awesome stuff. I love hearing other people's testimonies, and Steph and Phoebe did an awesome job. Go girls - I have respect for people voluntarily entering that freezing water.

Yeah I can't be bothered with anything else. But @mp camp encounter 2006 was awesome - come to the next one slackers!!

A quick shoutout to those I missed:

* Lauren!
* Kate!
* Emma!
* Jordan! (left early)
* Stevo! (left early)
* Kat! (she was there but hid on another campsite - it must've been the smell...)
* Caitlin! (her name was on the dorm list, but she never showed...)
* Hatti!! Laney did a great job as a leader, but I definitely missed Hatti a huuuuge amount
* Harbour!! But she was working at the church making herself a bit of cashola so I guess that's pretty worth it.

Yeah there were more, but MY REPORT IS SITTING ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER!

ARRRRGGGH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»