
Usually I am an avid lover of weddings. I love the dresses, and the food, and the pretty flowers, and the smiley, teary people, and the love. But right now, weddings are starting to upset and confuse myself.
Wedding #1: Bronwyn Peters
My piano teacher for I think, five years? Anyway, she's getting married on Saturday! Which is very exciting and everything - I remember the lessons when she'd make me promise to practice pieces to play at her wedding, and now it's actually here! Obviously, I won't be playing at it, seeing as I am quite a terrible pianist now, but still she is getting married. But because we only found out today that the big wedding is at 2:30 on Saturday, I had to completely reorganize my shifts. Which caused an interruption with wedding #2.
Wedding #2: Andrea Meerwald
My (2nd) cousin is FINALLY getting married in April! Which is, of course, incredibly exciting. What makes it more so is she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! Along with one of her sisters, and her friend. So of course, now that she's moved back (yay!) from NSW, we have to go dress shopping. At the same time I swapped my shift to be so I could go to wedding #1. I really really really hope Leonie chooses something that doesn't make me look like anything resembling a camel, cow or other heinous animal, or choose a really depressing colour. But onto more pressing things: Leonie is a fitness freak. And also a Personal Trainer. So she is coercing Andrea into mandatory PT sessions on Thursday nights in order to look fabulous for her big day. And me, on a massive guilt trip, feels as though she should join in. So NOW look what this wedding is doing to me!
Wedding #3: Ben Scorer to Sarah somethingsomething
This wedding isn't till, like I think 2008 or something. Which is cool. But they are planning NOW, which means we have to be excited about it for a year. And we've already been excited about it for six months. Weddings are very exciting, but excitedness loses its exciting edge once it is being stretched over an extended time period.
*sigh* All this love
No comments:
Post a Comment