Okay so I'm not there yet. But I will be tomorrow =] And I've been thinking about it a lot.
Actually Being 18
I'm not entirely sure what will change, aside from my ability to go to concerts. I mean, when the clock gets to midnight, I'm not magically going to grow taller or be filled with wisdom and be a real adult. Okay, I'll be able to vote but whatever. Nothing physically changes. But it is very cool nonetheless.
Parties
I'm mostly very super duper excited about my Cocktail Party next Saturday. Parties are my favourite part of birthdays, any birthdays. You have lots of people around, you can all dress up and look lovely, you listen to music, you can really talk to people. They're just so fun =] I'm a bit embarrassed about a few of the things they're doing at my party but whatever! We'll have a massive chocolate cake so that's totally awesome with me.
Presents
It's funny but I don't actually care about presents at all. Like whether I get them or not. I never really want anything particular (except PLEASE GOD LET ME GET A NEW LIGHT FOR MY BEDROOM BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE A THING IN THERE). But I got one of my favourite presents of all time last night =] And I believe that will continue on for a while. So that is fun =] And it's fun all the mystery around it, because mum knows what EVERYONE is getting me and she keeps dropping hints but not real hints, just allusions to birthdays and being 18 and it taking 5 - 7 working days to arrive. Anyway. That's just to say I really love what presents mean, not the actual present. And a card totally counts as a present!
Photos
And my favouritest favouritest part of birthdays (asides from parties and cake) is the photos. So I'll be buying a camera this week! But that's beside the point! I love the after-the-party part, when you come home and put all the photos on the computer and look properly at what everyone was wearing, and what was happening and who was talking to who and it's all very wonderful.
And I'm just ranting, but it's making me realize I actually am quite excited for tomorrow =] And next Saturday =]
Anyway, my stress about study has still not subsided so I'm off to go learn about WWI, the Russian Revolution and Nazi Germany, but it makes it nice to know I'll get a break from it tomorrow =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Seriously, people like you should be able to vote from a younger age, and people like me should never have to vote. I find it very important, our country's politics, but I don't know enough of it to vote without being swayed by the media. Mind you, I don't like Kevin Rudd, so I suppose I do have a mind. But you! You deserve to vote, dear friend.
What'd you get last night!? That sounds exciting!!!
How are your exams going, lovely lady? xxx
Post a Comment