Monday, January 23, 2006

birthdays


So it's dad's birthday today, and I've got to admit, it would have been a pretty anticlimatic one. I've decided I never want to go past say 25, so that all my birthdays are still exciting. But anyway, mum woke myself and my brother up early so we could give him his presents before she had to go to work. Which is a little ironic, because usually it's the other way around, where we have to get up at like five am to give out the presents so dad can go to work. But hey, it was good. He got a fishing thing, so lots of cutting up devices to dissect fish, which would have to be one of the grossest and smelliest jobs on the planet, and an AFL Trivia DVD game featuring Kevin Sheedy acting like an idiot. Surprise surprise say all those who don't support Essendon. Anyway, he seemed pretty happy all up. Then I had to fold all the pamphlets for my BROTHER'S paper round *sigh* but I got it done, and then we went out for lunch, go Garden City, went ALL the way to Kwinana to visit my grandma (my dad's mum) at her nursing home, except of course she wasn't there. Go figure. So I went through a verbal driving course from dad on the way home to at least make use of a relatively pointless trip. Then we went to the Fremantle Team Store, which is really small and kind of a letdown, but we saw Grover, Pavlich, Medhurst and some other very friendly Freo players, which made it all very worthwhile *big cheesy smile*. Okay, so it's Perth, we don't get REAL celebrities, so we make do with our footy team. So tonight we get to go out for Nando's and no doubt have some family bonding over a board game which will most likely end in tears. You've got to love families =)

No comments: