Thursday, January 26, 2006

slacker

Okay, listen to my story and then tell me whether or not I did the right thing.

I worked today, ten till three, with a girl I have never met before, who's name is Amy. She was very nice, which was good, but had a bit of a story to tell, which kind of scared me. Let me say, getting stoned, drunk and raped doesn't seem like a great combination. However, it was pretty quiet at work, there were occasional bursts, but not enough to really stress about. But she spent a very very long time on the phone, and at the end of the day, while she was doing the takings and float, was on the phone for nearly an hour. Well, I swept, cleaned, mopped, dusted, invoiced, packed-up-computer-ed and everything, while she was on the phone, and it was half past three. And I was so frustrated that I just said I had to go and left.

However, now I'm home, I feel terrible. I feel like I should have stayed and helped her out. But I have never done an afternoon shift before and I didn't know what to do! So I wasn't much help anyway, because I had to keep interrupting her phone call to ask what to do!

So am I an evil child who needs whipping? Or was what I did fair?

Oh and by the way - Happy Australia Day!

No comments: